I am going back to BYU.
After Christmas.
(Merry Christmas.)
I'm not too excited about it, I must say. I mean, school is cool (rhyme!), but Utah isn't all that cool. Well, that's not entirely true. And after living in a place where "Utah Mormons" are made fun of left and right (something I completely disagree with) I am actually more prone to defend Utah than hate on it. But, let's face it. I just spent six months in Los Angeles. Some people would give their left arm to have the experience that I've had. Nevertheless, I need to finish school. And I've already done a year and a half at BYU, so why not finish it at BYU? They even gave me a scholarship to come back.
LIST OF THINGS I'LL MISS FROM LOS ANGELES:
- my dad and his girlfriend, Jill, and her son, Gabe, and all of their family (I'm trying hard to not think about actually having to leave these people, so please don't remind me)
- my job, which includes my boss, Jeff, and my co-worker, Christian, who was completely devastated when I told him my plans
- the Los Angeles LDS temple, which is the most beautiful temple in the world (fact, not opinion)
- the sushi, of which I cannot eat enough
- the street names, which add a lot more personality to a place than you would believe
- the diversity, which is amazing there
- the beach, which I didn't go to enough
- the Los Angeles 1st YSA Ward, which consisted of some of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life
- the crazy housekeeper, whom I will only miss sort of, and if you knew her you would know why
But let's not get too sentimental, now...
LIST OF THINGS I'M (TRYING) TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN UTAH
- school at BYU
- friends at BYU
- the (uncomfortable and overwhelming) number of people who have the same religious beliefs as I do
- the fact that I will probably never have to pay for parking while in Provo
- the fact that movies cost less than ten bucks
- the large amount of other family that I have here
- the singles ward that I'm not yet in
- the super amazing view of the mountains
Okay, that attempt at optimism didn't really work for me. This is, actually, a very hard post for me to write, because for some strange reason putting it on my blog makes it more real and immediate than ever before. I guess I'll just have to look forward to the day when, after about two and a half years of schooling, and a church mission somewhere in there, I finally get to return home.
And that will be a great day.

1 comments:
I'm sorry I'm moving to Pleasant Grove.
But I'll be in Provo 6/7 days of the week, and I hope I see you a looooot.
We should get crappy tacos at Del Taco every Tuesday night when it's 3 tacos for $1. Maybe that tradition will keep you going.
Let's be friends.
Post a Comment