Wednesday, January 20, 2010

King of Kings

I woke up today with the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah in my head.

For the Lord God, Omnipotent, reigneth!

Except that I was rolling my r's like crazy, so it was more like...

For the Lord God, Omnipotent, rrrrrrrrrrreigneth!

Then.

Today in my Chem 105 class we learned that electrons are actually spinning while they orbit the nucleus of an atom. This is much like how the earth spins on its axis, except that the electron is moving at a speed something like 2.78 x 10^1 trillion km/s. Oh yeah. And it's also not just a particle that circles the nucleus, like we were all taught in middle school. It's also a wave that cancels itself out at certain distances from the nucleus that are called "nodes". And that's called Wave/Particle Duality In Matter. And then my head exploded.

Then.

I went to my 10:00a Hebrew 101 course, where I learned how to say

"I speak Hebrew in the university!"

in Hebrew, which, in case you are wondering, is אני מדבר עברית בשוניורסיטה, which is actually read right-to-left and is pronounced, "aNEE me-da-BER eev-REET bah-uni-ver-si-TAH."

Too bad I'll never get to say it to anybody except my teacher.

And now I'm off to PD Bio 120, where I will probably learn more about the structure of the cells in animals. And, yes, that's much cooler than it sounds. Well, I take that back. It's as cool as it sounds, but it sounds cooler than you think it does.

I'll let you go ahead and chew on all this for a while.


3 comments:

Streetlights94 said...

Huh. All I did was read The Smithsonian today.

karlee said...

i woke up at 5am .. so that was good. but then i left work early at 11am, when i was supposed to stay until 2:30. then i picked up my hemmed jeans and returned library books, so that was good... but then i skipped my 3 o'clock health class (health! 1100.. made to be skipped, right?) and spent the rest of the day staring endlessly into a boys eyes. i have to stop doing that.

Streetlights94 said...

And I did laundry today. And folded it too.

Post a Comment